[nsp] "show archive"

Yuval Ben-Ari yuvalba at netvision.net.il
Sun May 23 03:16:39 EDT 2004

> 	I'm wondeirng if many people have played with this yet.
>
> 	for those of you that don't know, this is very similar to
> show | compare rollback on the juniper..
>
> 	- jared

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft
/123t/123t_4/gt_diff.htm

my colleague was checking this feature out and getting quite excited :-)
not sure I understand the motivation Cisco has to move more "smart
auditing" capabilities into the IOS (i.e. Config archive / Role-Based
CLI).
also, what if a box crashed completely / having a flash fauilure, you
sure want an external copy of the config.
what reason do someone already using rancid / tacacs have to move
management of these tasks to be distributes on routers themselves ?

Yuval