[nsp] Cat6500 Span limits and VACL to capture

Carles Fragoso i Mariscal cfragoso at cesca.es
Sun May 23 21:40:24 EDT 2004

Hi there!

Someone could provide me information regarding the number of concurrent
monitor span sessions (duplex rx/tx and full duplex) on IOS-based
Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor II and also in Supervisor 720?

Secondly, I have been told that there is a way of doing a L2 VACL that
allows to forward ACL-matched traffic to a span port. Anyone has done
it and could give me an example on that?

I have tried defining an 'vlan access-map' and applying it with 'vlan
filter' but I can't find the way of setting the destination span.
Is it possible to apply it on a L2 port instead of VLAN basis?

Thanks in advance to everyone,
          __
         / /          Carles Fragoso i Mariscal
   C E / S / C A   Communications & Operations Dept.
       /_/              <cfragoso at cesca.es>

           Supercomputing Center of Catalonia
     	    CATalonia Neutral Internet eXchange
          Tlf: +34932056464  Fax: +34932056979