[nsp] pvc-in-range problems

Denny Reiter denny at reiters.org
Thu May 27 16:32:56 EDT 2004

I'm encountering a bug using the pvc-in-range command that I can't
seem to find any reference to anywhere.

We've been configuring a sub-interface for each DSLAM and using a
range to create all the VCs:

interface ATM4/0.15101 point-to-point
 ip unnumbered Loopback1
 ip helper-address 64.40.93.137
 no ip mroute-cache
 atm route-bridged ip
 range HOST15 pvc 15/101 15/212
  class-range classADSL
 !
  pvc-in-range 15/156
   shutdown
 !
!

With the recent spate of viruses and worms, we've been shutting off
individual VCs of infected customers.  The problem that I've
encountered now on two separate 7206s (both running 12.2(15)T5)
is that after a crash or a reload, the pvc-in-range that is shut
down also has a sub-interface show up in the running-config, minus
the pvc.

If I do a 'sho atm pvc 15/156' it doesn't exist according to the
router.  It still doesn't exist if I remove the pvc-in-range
statement.  And if I try to add the VC to the erroneously created
sub-interface, it fails with the router telling me it already exists
in the range above.

Anybody else encountering this?  Or, better yet, what are you running
to handle terminating lots of ADSL connections, mostly RBE, but
PPPOE mixed in too.   I've been relatively happy with 12.2(15)T5
until this happened.  I see the planner recommends I upgrade to
12.2(15)T12. Anybody running that?

Thanks,

Denny Reiter

Denny Reiter                               denny at reiters.org