[c-nsp] What is The Best Configuration per Interface (CatalystSwitch 3500)?

Virgil virgil at webcentral.com.au
Mon Nov 1 02:00:52 EST 2004

> Can somebody recommend to me a best way to configure a switch
> interface to avoid down times?

I recommend checking out the new Macro configuration feature in
12.1.20E+

2950G#sh parser macro brief
    default global   : cisco-global
    default interface: cisco-desktop
    default interface: cisco-phone
    default interface: cisco-switch
    default interface: cisco-router

---

errdisable recovery cause all
errdisable recovery interval 30

spanning-tree mode rapid-pvst
spanning-tree loopguard default
spanning-tree portfast default
spanning-tree portfast bpduguard default
no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission
spanning-tree extend system-id

interface FastEthernet0/1
 description client port
 switchport access vlan 11
 switchport mode access
 switchport port-security
 switchport port-security aging time 2
 switchport port-security violation restrict
 switchport port-security aging type inactivity
 load-interval 30
 mls qos cos override
 udld port aggressive

interface FastEthernet0/24
 description uplink port
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
 load-interval 30
 mls qos trust cos
 udld port aggressive
 spanning-tree bpduguard disable
 spanning-tree link-type point-to-point

Regards,

Virgil

--
WebCentral Pty Ltd           Australia's #1 Internet Web Hosting Company
Level 6, 100 Wickham St.                 Infrastructure Projects Manager
PO Box 930, Fortitude Valley.            email: virgil at webcentral.com.au
Queensland, Australia 4006.                       phone: +61 7 3230 7332