[c-nsp] VPN access on 831 - cannot access local LAN

christopher.hale at peaknetworks.com christopher.hale at peaknetworks.com
Mon Nov 1 23:43:59 EST 2004

All -

We're attempting to install a small 831 series router into a client office,
enable NAT, and allow for VPN access for remote users.  We have NAT running
fine with 10.x IPs, and configured VPN using:

Configuring Cisco VPN Client with Cisco IOS Easy VPN Server
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns27/networking_solution
s_white_paper09186a0080186fda.shtml

We can get the VPN client to connect, and everything looks fine from the
console, but the client can only ping the first IP address they try, and
they cannot browse the local LAN.  We tried to enable local-lan access in
the crypto map and on the client, but still no good.

Anyone have a good suggestion on where to start?

Chris