[c-nsp] 7500 power redundancy

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Tue Nov 2 05:11:22 EST 2004

Hello,
I have a 7507 with dual AC power supplies that had power issues recently
and I wanted to ask everyones opinion.
The power supplies are connected to 2 different protected power sources
, and the chassis is grounded. One of the UPSes broke and continued to
go offline/online. If it goes offline-online-offline before the router
has "recognized" that the power supply has come back online, I get an
RSP failover. If it goes offline-online-offline after the router has
"recognized" the power supply, I do not get the RSP failover.
Now the question is has anyone ever had this type of situation? Is this
expected behavior? Or do I have a bad power supply?

Thanks
Brian