[c-nsp] OC192 for 7600/6500?

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Wed Nov 3 03:22:39 EST 2004

Mikael Abrahamsson writes:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Simon Leinen wrote:
>> Now if only these DWDM XENPAKs were shipping - you could attach them
>> directly to your ITU Grid DWDM system's filter banks, without the need
>> for these expensive 10G transponder cards...

> Do you really feel that your DWDM guys will allow you to put those
> el cheapo DWDM lasers without much management directly into their
> great nice fine-tuned equalised DWDM system? (yes, irony).

Yes, I'm sure that our DWDM guys (in the office next door) will allow
me to do that, as long as the el-cheapo DWDM lasers generate stable
output power and remain nicely within their respective ITU-grid slots
over time.  Of course there's an issue of vendor support, but we feel
we can live with that.

> Seriously, I have great doubt that mine would.

Fair enough.
--
Simon.