[c-nsp] RBE on the 7600 Platform

JamesG xlimitx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:50:34 EST 2004

Hi,

I've been attempting to bring up a backup interface across our ATM
network. I found that this ended up being impossible using RBE in
conjunction with a 7600 series router.  I then contacted TAC and they
told me that the 7600 platform does not support 1483b connections.
The strange thing that I found with regards to this configuration was
the following.  One of the ethernet switches that was connected to
this connection could see ARP entires coming from both directions yet
no IP traffic was able to be passed across the connection.  The reason
why we were trying to use the RBE connections was because the 7500
series devices that we migrated from just supported the RBE rather
easily.  Has anyone run into this same issue and if so, what kind of
connections did you use to emulate the RBE connections on the 7600?

Thanks in advance...

-James