[c-nsp] RBE on the 7600 Platform

James Galliford xlimitx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 20:58:42 EST 2004

Dan,

Yes, we are using the OSM blade.  I'm still learning the architecture
of the 7600 so could you enlighten me with regards to why you don't
think that blade would support RBE?

Thanks.

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:52:09 -0500, Dan Armstrong <dan at beanfield.com> wrote:
> Are you using the OSM blade?  I wouldn't really expect it to do RBE.
> The  WS-X6101 blade is the 1483 edge card for that platform. Each one
> would then show up as a VLAN interface.
>

> JamesG wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've been attempting to bring up a backup interface across our ATM
> >network. I found that this ended up being impossible using RBE in
> >conjunction with a 7600 series router.  I then contacted TAC and they
> >told me that the 7600 platform does not support 1483b connections.
> >The strange thing that I found with regards to this configuration was
> >the following.  One of the ethernet switches that was connected to
> >this connection could see ARP entires coming from both directions yet
> >no IP traffic was able to be passed across the connection.  The reason
> >why we were trying to use the RBE connections was because the 7500
> >series devices that we migrated from just supported the RBE rather
> >easily.  Has anyone run into this same issue and if so, what kind of
> >connections did you use to emulate the RBE connections on the 7600?
> >
> >Thanks in advance...
> >
> >-James

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein