[c-nsp] 7600 vs 12404

Mark Pace Balzan mpb at melitacable.com
Sat Nov 6 06:08:13 EST 2004

hi all,

im looking at options for a router that will do at least 200Mbps and more in
future, of regular internet traffic, while running OSPF,BGP,netflow as well
as QOS (policing and shaping) on GE interfaces

looks like options are 7600 with sup720 or low end gsr say 12404

gsr is long established, and quite pricey! What are people's experiences
with the 7600. I've seen various opinions about stability on 7600, and since
Ive had my fair share of growing pains especially in the days of the npe400
I really dont want to go for flaky hardware this time round.  I dont intend
to start a never ending religious thread here, but I could really do with
some real-world advice of people running 7600s with a config as above.

cheers

mark