[c-nsp] Cisco 3750G-24TS Bandwidth Limiting

Steve Wright steve.wright at visp.me.uk
Tue Nov 9 09:38:24 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am currently checking out what I can and can't do with the Cisco 3750G's,
and am looking at methods of placing a quick limit on a port should it start
to use up excessive amounts of bandwidth on the network/ be under attack
then obviously investigating further...

>From what I have read, I have a few ways of doing this... using rate-limit
under a vlan/ layer3 switch port, or my preferred thought, by use of an ACL,
class-map and policy-map as below, as I could setup a number of different
policy maps with different police settings:

access-list 101 permit ip any any

class-map match-all ip-traffic
 description Match IP Traffic
 match access-group 101

policy-map 1mb-limit
 class ip-traffic
 police 8000000 1000000 exceed-action drop

Then on the interface I wish to limit
service-policy input 1mb-limit

Please can anyone confirm whether this would work, or share their
experiences of doing such limiting?

Thank you,
Steve Wright

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com