[c-nsp] Q. About spanning tree (pvst) behavior on hybrid cat6500

Matt Stockdale mstockda at logicworks.net
Tue Nov 9 16:11:06 EST 2004

I think this has been answered to my satisfaction, but

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 04:20, Adrian Pirciu wrote:
> > And finally, what if vlan100 _is_ trunked to the other core switch?
> > Will the 6500 be smart enough to unblock vlan100 on the virtual trunk
> > to it's own MSFC while it may be blocking it on any other trunks?
>
> This i don't understand (especially the virtual trunk thing). Please add
> more details to the description.

The virtual trunk being the link to the MSFC, i.e., on the cat side..

Port  Name                 Status     Vlan       Duplex Speed Type
15/1  t_above1-msfc-2      connected  trunk        full  1000 Route Switch

I'm wondering if this actually works as a ISL or dot1q trunk to the
MSFC, or if this is just how it chooses to display a "Route Switch"
connection.

Aside from that, thanks for your response, and to bambi at hughes.com.au as
well.

Matt