[c-nsp] PIX error using fixup smtp

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Wed Nov 10 20:54:31 EST 2004

Thats not really a fair call though.  We have used it for years, we
handle
millions of messages a day, and have had no problems.  But on this new
deployment for a customer, I am seeing this problem, and its perplexing.

Unless there is a bug in the server or the PIX, fixup/smtp should work
fine.
I am talking about of course, if you do not have any needs for extended
smtp
commands, which for example we don't.  The only problem you would  then
encounter is mail clients that don't properly deal with the pix
rejecting things
like EHLO, and thats not a common problem.

Brian

On Nov 10, 2004, at 7:47 PM, Mike Sawicki wrote:

> Yeah, turn off smtp fixup.  I'm not sure that I've heard of a single
> shop using it with success.
>
> --
> Mike Sawicki (fifi at HAX.ORG)

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP