[c-nsp] PIX-virus-DoS-connection problem

Marcelo Maraboli marcelo.maraboli at usm.cl
Thu Nov 11 15:17:31 EST 2004

Chuck

I´m deeply sorry, maybe I did not explain myself properly...

it´s 48 IP spoofed packets per second, each with a different
IP spoofed source...

so, PIX thinks they are 48 new connections per second. I recognizes
that they are spoofed, so they are discarded, but the connection
counter goes "bezerk!"

maybe it is a bug....if so, the upgrade to 6.3 is still paid for?
(or free of charge like 3550-L3)

regards,