[c-nsp] PIX-virus-DoS-connection problem

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Thu Nov 11 16:05:36 EST 2004

It sounds more and more like a bug.  It wouldn't make any sense for the PIX to create a connection or an xlate if it's going to drop it because of RPF.  The 525 should be able to handle thousands of connections per second.  Try 6.3.4, if your CCO access allows you to get it.  If not, remove the verify statements and use an access list on the inside instead to block spoofed sources.

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495