[c-nsp] Cisco Layer 3 Switch Recommendation

Lupi, Guy Guy.Lupi at eurekanetworks.net
Thu Nov 11 16:25:01 EST 2004

I wanted to hear from people with similar production setups, I need to get 2
layer 3 switches that can handle RIP, OSPF, BGP (approx. 30 peers, 147,000
active routes), HSRP and QoS (CBWFQ).  They will need to be able to handle
about 300 Mbps of traffic at approximately 68,000 PPS.  Up until now we have
been distributing the traffic across multiple 7206VXRs to handle these tasks
but I can get rid of about 12 of those with 2 of these.  I have never used
anything from Cisco larger than the 3550 for layer 3 so the more information
the better (memory, supervisors, image).  Thanks in advance.

Guy H. Lupi
Eureka Networks