[c-nsp] Cisco Layer 3 Switch Recommendation

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Fri Nov 12 01:47:54 EST 2004

> If I could find a device with the L2 capability of a Cisco 3750
> and the L3 capability of a Juniper M7i, I'd be really, really, happy.

Are you really, really sure you want that?

One of my problems with the Cisco 6500/7600 is that it is too complex.
It has so many features (L2 and L3) that it seems hard for Cisco to
make it stable if you use a reasonably *large* subset of the available
features.

I'm a happy user of both M7i and 3750, and would not want to mix them
in the same box.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no