[c-nsp] BGP Community framework

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Sun Nov 14 11:38:40 EST 2004

Does anyone have any good examples out there of a complete or at least
mostly complete BGP Community framework?  What I mean, is not just a
menu showing what communities and what those communities do, but the
community lists, route-maps, community blocking / clearing, order of
processing, etc.

I am getting ready to deploy communities and want to make sure I have
everything clear in my head so I don't get off on the wrong foot.  I
have read quite a bit of stuff out there on network wide community
deployment, but have yet to find something as comprehensive as I would
like to see, as far as showing actual router configs so I can better
visualize.

I realize most NSP's/ISP's will adopt a customized version of
communities tailored specifically to their network and things they are
doing, however the bulk of community deployment seems to have much in
common.

Brian

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP
Network Engineer