[c-nsp] Problem with ISDN backup (stuck CCBs in 12.3(11)T?)

piestaga piestaga at aster.pl
Mon Nov 15 18:04:20 EST 2004

Hi

I would like to come back to the problem I described within this threat week
ago.

I relocated the whole config to router 1603 (where bri is an build-in
interface) and I configured the bacap capalility using only the bri
interface (without dialer interface)

After finishing the config on LAC and LNS everything seemed perfect.

The bri config includes the following lines:

interface BRI0
 ip address 3.3.3.10 255.255.255.252
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer idle-timeout 30
 dialer string 1234567
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-net3
 ppp authentication pap
 ppp pap sent-username USERNAME password 0 PASSWORD

/routing to watched address 99.99.99.99 via BRI0
primary links are within OSPF so the metric here must be >110/

ip route 99.99.99.99 255.255.255.255 BRI0 3.3.3.9 200

access-list 177 permit ip 50.50.50.0 0.0.0.255 host 99.99.99.99
dialer-list 1 protocol ip list 177

and it WORK !!!!

The BRI dial to ALC where after preauthentication proccess, the cal lis
terminated and next the L2TP from LAC to LNS is establish. THe LAN
terminates L2TP and ppp session from CPE.

I enabled and disabled both primary links and backup prefectly comes u pand
down each time.

So I decided to relocate the config to 1751 (with the WIC-1B-S/T card
instead the build-in one).

And it stopped working.

Exactly the same behaviour.
The BRI tries to dial-up but the following message appeares:

host_disconnect_ack: Unfound B-channel on Disconnect_Ack call id 0x800D

The command "clear int bri0/0" did no t help.
The only things that hel pis reload or (what is strange) entering the
command:

no encapsulation hdlc
(despite the fact that ppp is entered in interface config).

Unfortunatellu that remove the lines:

ppp authentication pap
ppp pap sent-username USERNAME password 0 PASSWORD

out of the config. So I need put them again.

Additionally, except the BRI triggered by the access list 177 (network
50.50.50.0 is still pinging 99.99.99.99) the established ISDN call did not
clear the idle timeout !!!!

Show dialer command entred during the active backup call shows that the idle
timeout is continously countered down.
So (in my case) every 30 sec the call is reestablished.

Guys please, any help because I am out of ideas what can be wrong.
I thought that it is the config issue, but since the same config works on
other platform, I started susspecting the WIC or the way the WIC is
supported on 12.3.(11T)

Regards
Piestaga