[c-nsp] Cisco 1711 VPN question

Paul Stewart pauls at nexicom.net
Wed Nov 17 12:25:03 EST 2004

Good question... Based on what I know the remote clients would be
connecting to their Windows based network to run applications so
presuming the traffic would be "moderate" per user but nothing huge.
Their application software runs on their notebooks so they are only
accessing databases across the link I think...

Really, if each of these users is broadband (and I believe most are) I
can't see it supporting more than 10 users remotely anyways or the
slowdown will be too much... In theory anyways...

Just looking for any thoughts and want to make sure we're not going to
max the 1711 out on CPU before bandwidth..:)  the price of the 1711 will
keep this deal alive.. Moving into bigger gear may not keep the costs
where they need to be (from the customer's perspective)

Paul