[c-nsp] Should an ISP block worms/trojans for free.

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 08:47:30 EST 2004

Hello,

At our Internet gateway, we block incoming (ingress) spoofed packets,
regularly block common worms/trojans ports using ACLs,

We do that for residential - ADSL/Dial-up, Corporate ADSL/SDSL, and
Hosted websites/servers, i would like to know how other providers deal
with this, do you charge for it, use this for marketing and
advertising, should we be doing this 'AFAIK we are supposed to only
fwd traffic'.

and on the other hand we do the same for DoS/DDoS, but i wouldnt stop
doing that, because it just affects the network altogether.

I'd like to know more about other mature providers policy towards this.

Kind Regards,
~Kim