[c-nsp] 7500 / Images w/o ethernet support?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Nov 20 15:28:28 EST 2004

hi,

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 03:07:20PM -0500, Tuc wrote:
> 	You'll have to excuse me. I've never worked on a 7500, know nothing
> about them, trying to help a friend who knows even less.
[..]
> 	Is it possible for an image to not have the support for the ethernets?
> If so, what image does he really need?

This sounds as if 12.2(25)S has problems with VIP2-40 boards - those
are also missing from the "show version".

I've seen mis-built images that lack essential things before (like some
11.2P that had no support for the onboard FastEthernet on 7200 IO-boards),
but I've neve heard of an image that purposely lacked ethernet support.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de