[c-nsp] Which would be better?

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Sun Nov 21 13:18:24 EST 2004

> 	Talking to another tech, there are performance issues with the
> ethernets previously mentioned.... He has available (potentially)
> either:
>
> 	I'll get a pair of PA-FE-TX  in a vip2-50 w/ 128mb ram
> 		or
> 	PA-2FE-TX-ISL in the vip2-50 (Cheaper)
>
> 	Would either of those be better performance wise?

the first option (2 PA-FE-TX) is more performant.

As stated in http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn8791_11301999.shtml:

The 2-port Fast Ethernet/ISL port adapter provides inter-virtual LAN
(VLAN) bridging and routing for Token Ring uses, rather than
high-performance Fast Ethernet connectivity. Native Fast Ethernet users
have been advised to use the single-port Fast Ethernet PA-FE-TX or
PA-FE-FX adapters for higher performance.

	oli