[c-nsp] Growing BGP tables

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Mon Nov 22 14:44:52 EST 2004

Hi

On 22/11/2004, at 10:36 PM, Gert Doering wrote:

> I agree with your reasoning.  Still, it might make sense today to
> change
> from what was "the right thing" 10 years ago.

Perhaps it's time we start pushing vendors to give us some tools to
solve this problem.  If we could have a test in a route-map that did
something like

	"Match this prefix if it's a /24 and we have an
	aggregate for it that's better than a /22"

then we could sensibly drop the /24 pollution from those network
operators that just de-aggregate for the hell of it.  It would also
ensure that people who are using /24's properly would not be taken out
as collateral damage.

David