[c-nsp] Growing BGP tables

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Mon Nov 22 17:31:08 EST 2004

Sure, why not.  Make that an option like everything else in the
route-map match clause.  I don't think anybody would care about people
losing their traffic engineering as a result of this (I certainly
don't).  However having the "same next hop" clause allows us to
immediately drop all the cruft from those operators that subscribe to
the "you can't hijack me if I de-aggregate to /24's" stupidity.  That's
a major win without changing the "semantics" that people choose to rely
upon for their traffic engineering.

David