[c-nsp] BGP --> EIGRP redistribution

Montes, Carlos M carlos.m.montes at boeing.com
Mon Nov 22 17:49:14 EST 2004

I believe the issue is with the command "bgp redistribute-internal" missing from the BGP config.

>From Cisco's website:

bgp redistribute-internal
To allow the redistribution of iBGP routes into an interior gateway protocol such as IS-IS or OSPF, use the bgp redistribute-internal command in router configuration mode. To remove the bgp redistribute-internal command from the configuration file and restore the system to its default condition where the software does not allow the redistribution of iBGP routes into Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs), use the no form of this command.

bgp redistribute-internal

no bgp redistribute-internal

Caution Redistributing iBGP routes into IGPs may cause routing loops to form within an autonomous system. Use this command with caution.

Carlos