[c-nsp] Cisco 837 Series: QoS/Queuing/Shaping Question

Jason Ledbetter cisco-nsp at broked.net
Tue Nov 23 15:16:58 EST 2004

(This reply is /very/ late.)

Tim,

The reason I have "twice the work" as you said, configured is that there
is also an IPSec tunnel in play here that wasn't in the configuration
snippet I provided.

>From the WAN's perspective, destination traffic would /never/ match acl 150
as it was encrypted and rerouted to the ipsec termination point by then.

Hence, inbound LAN traffic, pre-encryption, is matched based on the acl,
ef set, then happily(hopefuly) passed on to ipsec  and then the WAN.

-jbl