[c-nsp] Small, DC Router with 1WIC + 1NM

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Wed Nov 24 20:38:35 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm looking for a router to setup some out of band management for my
SONET & M13 muxes.  I would like to install a POTS line at my colo bay
and add DSL onto it (0' feet from the CO should qualify ;).

The router must be:

Rack mounted (23")
DC Power
1 WIC for ADSL
1 NM for 8,16 port 10/100 Switch module
1 NM for 8,16 port serial (RS232) module
CHEAP,  this won't be generating any revenue just saving my a$$ on
occasion

Switch would connect to my network elements (CIsco ONS 15454, CAC
Widebank 28 ....)
Serial would connect to the console of all my devices
DSL would run PPPoE back to my network so I can still talk to my box
when my fiber gets cut.

Any ideas?