[c-nsp] VIP/PA question

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Oct 4 07:48:43 EDT 2004

Oleksandr Pantus wrote:

> Take a look at:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/vip_cpu_rxbuffering.html

Already familiar with this, and I don't think it applies here.  The
outgoing interfaces are not congested (outbound rates of 40-100kbps on a
T1), yet the router appears to be dropping most or all traffic headed
out those interfaces once the "magic trigger" is pulled.

I'm starting to suspect the PA-MC-2T3.  We had an episode where EVERY
T1/frac T1 dropped line protocol (PPP or HDLC) simultaneously.  A week
later, we had the scenario mentioned above, and it's recurred twice
since then.  It's always been the same slot/PA that's been affected, and
the companion PA-FE-TX doesn't appear to be afflicted at all.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

Pete