[c-nsp] new Cisco routers 1800/2800/3800

Neil J. McRae neil at colt.net
Mon Oct 4 07:51:13 EDT 2004

> Does anyone have further details (and is permitted to share
> them), like

The ASIC is used to manage the I/O bus.

>  - which IOS trains are available?  "Standard" 12.3T or
> "weird-letter"?

I would imagine its weird letter.

>  - IPv6 support?
>  - IPv6 support *on the forwarding ASIC*?

I don't think IPV6 support on day one but the 2800 takes
1G of memory so it should be an issue.

>  - what kind of features are missing (netflow, ACL logging, counters)?
>    (Hardware-based low-end Cisco platforms are quite notorious for
>    lacking these interesting bits)

I believe all of those are available.

There is an Enhanced NM port and and Enhanced WIC ports that take cards
that can do more with the newer bus [but are backwards compatible].

Neil.