[c-nsp] Reaction to forwarding failure...

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Oct 7 10:55:16 EDT 2004

We are going to create a new track object that the
higher layer protocols can hook on to as the singal.
That way HSRP could failover and the routing
protocols could listen to the notification and just
make the interfaces passive to the routing protocol.

CSCef21445
Externally found enhancement defect: New (N)
Request for a new tracking object to monitor for CEF disable event

While I haven't tried this yet I think you could
do the same thing already with EEM and watch the syslog for
the FIBDISABLE message and then just either shut down
the BGP peers or make the interfaces for the IGP passive.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801d2d26.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/products_feature_guide09186a008025951e.html

EEM with the TCL scripting has the capability to be flexible
for a lot of scenarios like this as well as troubleshooting.

It's pretty new.

Rodney