[c-nsp] Familiarity with Cisco as a proxy server.

Richard Golodner RGolodner at Aetea.com
Thu Oct 7 15:28:03 EDT 2004

	Boys, please play nice as this is the only place I can get some
peace and quiet and some understanding and help. Stop tripping on trivial
things and be grown up net-managers.
				 Thanks, Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Clayton Zekelman [mailto:clayton at mnsi.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 3:10 PM
To: Robert E.Seastrom; cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Familiarity with Cisco as a proxy server.

You see, the point is, he didn't recommend Fire Wall Tool Kit.  He quoted
back an entire message asking a legitimate question with a single 4
character response, rather than saying something like:

"I don't know what Cisco has to offer, but you could look into FWTK, (Fire
Wall Tool Kit) at http://www.fwtk.org."

As for my information posted earlier on DS1 muxing, it was a valid response
to a valid question, not "rambling off in the weeds".

At least it contained (for the most part) complete and descriptive
information rather than monosyllabic grunts like "fwtk".

Where I come from, they teach us to be at least somewhat literate.  We are
after all in the COMMUNICATIONS business aren't we?

At 02:24 PM 07/10/2004, you wrote:

>Someday, I'm sure you will have a sufficient skill base to be able to
>add meaningful content to the cisco-nsp list (ie, not just random
>rambling off in the weeds about ds1 muxing or insulting people's posts
>to the list recommending firewall toolkit).  Until that day, you are
>encouraged to suppress your urge to post.
>
>                                         ---Rob
>
>Clayton Zekelman <clayton at mnsi.net> writes:
>
> > Notwithstanding that your answer was actually WRONG, as this isn't the
> > Cisco solution - which the original message was asking for.
> >
> > A more helpful participant already pointed out that Cisco DOES in fact
> > a have a solution with their Content Engine series of products.
> >
> > I would have expected at least the use of complete sentences, but then
> > I often expect too much.
> >
> > At 10:08 AM 07/10/2004, Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN wrote:
> >>yeah, its canandian for fwtk.
> >>

> >>firewall tool kit.
> >>
> >>did you bother to look it up in google.? had you done that you would
have
> >>found 73,000 hits - more than enuf
> >>info to find out it does.
> >>
> >>if i had answered checkpoint or pix, would it have clicked?

---
Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)
344-300 Tecumseh Rd. E.