[c-nsp] CSM-S Question

Virgil virgil at webcentral.com.au
Thu Oct 7 19:25:09 EDT 2004

> Anyone has any experiences, good or bad, with CSMs on 6500?  Right now
> we are CSS shop and thinking of upgrading to CSM or some other SLB
> vendor.

Here's the official Cisco docs on the subject.  I've found them to be
quite useful.
They help answer some of the questions like Bridged/Routed/One-Arm.

I've found routed mode to be rather annoying in our environment (web
hosting service provider)

DATA CENTER NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE
Design Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns224/ns304/networking_sol
utions_design_guidances_list.html (http://tinyurl.com/4neor)

CSM One-Arm Design in the Data Center (PDF - 350 KB)
Data Center Design and Implementation with Cisco Catalyst 6500 Service
Modules (PDF - 1 MB)
Firewalling and Load Balancing in the Data Center Using Cisco Catalyst
6500  (PDF - 560 KB)
Data Center Networking: Integrating Security, Load Balancing, and SSL
Services (PDF - 2 MB)

Regards,

Virgil

--
WebCentral Pty Ltd           Australia's #1 Internet Web Hosting Company
Level 6, 100 Wickham St.                 Infrastructure Projects Manager
PO Box 930, Fortitude Valley.            email: virgil at webcentral.com.au
Queensland, Australia 4006.                       phone: +61 7 3230 7332