[c-nsp] VRF question

Matt Ryan Matt.Ryan at telewest.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 03:36:15 EDT 2004

It's kinda obvious, but if you enabled an interface for
IPX/SNA/anything_not_IP you couldn't use IP 'features' either. Once you
configure MPLS then it's no longer an IP interface and so logically the
features won't work. Of course you could argue with modern ASICs you should
be able to do deeper packet inspection and thus pick up the IP packet within
the MPLS frame but I think that's a bit disingenuous for this argument.

Matt.