[c-nsp] ATOM Basic Question

Yasser Aly yasser.aly at noorgroup.net
Mon Oct 11 08:53:43 EDT 2004

Oli,

  You said " Replacing a legacy Frame-relay L2 service by ATOM ". What
advantages for the provider/customer to use ATOM versus the legacy
Frame-Relay L2 service?

  I keep wondering about this because sometimes I think that keep providing
isolated L2 services like Frame-Relay is more secure and reliable than
offering it via MPLS.

 My company runs both services BTW ( MPLS-VPNs and L2 VPNs ), the argument
though is whether to switch all services to be over MPLS or keep platforms
separated as it is for now.

Your thoughts about practical implementations/advantages are highly
appreciated.

Yasser