[c-nsp] VRF question

Marko Milivojevic markom at pangalactic.net
Mon Oct 11 10:14:29 EDT 2004

>>    I think you are wrong about the above statement. Think about PHP here.
>> Packets destined for the next LSR will not be tagged, while the packets
>> that are passing through the next node will be labeled.
>
> Yes, you are right. But I was referering to run plain IPv4 and MPLS
> simultaneously on the same interface. Without PHP the the packets would be
> labeled, but PHP optimizes the label lookup at the receiver.

    Rodney already gave you another example, but I will give you another.
Even without PHP, say you have LSR that has only default route to a certain
destination. Unless you specifically instruct LSR to do so (mpls ip
default-route), packets destined for this destination will not be labelled.
Packets destined for "known destination" out the same interface will be
labelled as usual.

Marko.