[c-nsp] PPPoE termination on 2620

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Oct 11 17:27:56 EDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 02:02:37PM -0700, Dennis Peng wrote:
> We support PPPoEoVLAN on the server side, but not the client side.
> Is this something people are interested in? For what purpose?

Well, I was. Cisco 2621, one FE for internal LAN, one FE as 802.1Q
trunk for visitor VLAN and DMZ VLAN. And I wanted to place the DSL
Modem into another VLAN for the PPPoE.

But as I need two PPPoE sessions in parallel, and the LAC rejecting
more than one connection from same MAC, I needed to play tricks
on the switch to make the DSL Modem available for both FEs (setting
"native" VLAN to the same like the internal LAN).

So what I wanted (and didn't get) was: do PPPoEoVLAN _and_ support
multiple parallel sessions each using a different MAC address.
That would have been ideal. :-)

Best regards,
Daniel