[c-nsp] LDP Authentication (MPLS)

Ian Dickinson ian.dickinson at pipex.net
Tue Oct 12 06:12:54 EDT 2004

Marko Milivojevic wrote:
>> Did anyone ever try on configuration the authentication for LDP? I
>> tried to
>> find in cisco website but can find any article related to the LDP
>> authentication.
>

>    I haven't tried it myself, but it looks rather straight-forward:
> [watch for wrap]
>
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/swtch_r/swi_m2.htm#wp1077091

Works just fine, although I wish there was an option to set a password
by default for all LDP neighbors with the ability to override particular
neighbors to a different password (or no password at all).  Would be
nice if more auth stuff used key-chain though, since it's a lot easier
to manage the changing of keys that way.

Ian