[c-nsp] Weird telnet problem on 7204VXR

Amol Sapkal amolsapkal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:09:44 EDT 2004

Though not same, I am also facing a nearly close problem. For some
reason, one of my 7513 doesnt echo the username typed in. Also
*sometimes*, in user mode it does not echo the commands typed, but
gives the output.

Any thoughts?

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:22:17 -0500, Mike Bacher
<isp-list at tulsaconnect.com> wrote:

> Dennis Peng wrote:
> > It's a bug. If you do a "show line vty X", you should see "Ctrl-C
> > Enabled" under the "Status" for the line. This causes the Username
> > prompt to timeout immediately when you try to use that line. It should
> > only effect one of the vty lines (although it may be vty 0 which is
> > the worst), but if you telnet back to the router right away, you
> > should get another line which should not have this problem. There is
> > no way to clear the condition, short of a reload.
>
> Ok, I tried two simultaneous telnet's and got in on one.  Also:
>
> dsl1#show line vty 1
>     Tty Typ     Tx/Rx    A Modem  Roty AccO AccI   Uses   Noise  Overruns   Int
>       3 VTY              -    -      -    -    -     44       0     0/0       -
>
> Line 3, Location: "", Type: ""
> Length: 24 lines, Width: 80 columns
> Baud rate (TX/RX) is 9600/9600
> Capabilities: none
> Modem state: Ready
>
> So, it looks like we are being bitten with the ctrl-c "bug" all of a sudden
> (this hasn't been a problem until recently, and its been running for several
> months with this IOS).  Is this problem caused by the previous person that
> connected to that vty using Ctrl-C at some point?
>
> Is there a way just to disable the affected vty line or some other workaround?
> This bug is hosing our ability to auto-provision DSL customers..
>

> --

Warm Regds,

Amol Sapkal