[c-nsp] ISL VLAN support by Cisco 1750 ??? (not 1751)

Ilia Zubkov rx at nikogo.net
Wed Oct 13 11:05:12 EDT 2004

I noticed that ISL VLAN feature is declared to be supported on 1750 paltform
(NOT 1751!!!) by Feature Navigator at cisco.com (www.cisco.com/go/fn/).
Software versions declared are not-so-old: IOS versions like 12.2.24 or so
and feature sets like IP/VOICE PLUS or IP/VOICE/PW/IDS/PLUS. They say those
feature sets can be loaded on boxes w/o voice hardware, and even on 1720!!!

Comments???

So I wonder if it is really possible to build an ISL-bundle like
1750+1924-EN or 1750+2924XL-EN, to build an ISL-trunk between 1750 and a
catalyst and to make 1750 route IP between VLAN subinterfaces.

If anyone was a success to do so -- please, let me know. Thank you.

--
Sincerely yours,

Ilia Zubkov,
Educational Network technical director