[c-nsp] ISL VLAN support by Cisco 1750 ??? (not 1751)

Anthony D Cennami acennami at neupath.com
Wed Oct 13 14:20:13 EDT 2004

ISL is a deprecated technology no longer formally supported on a variety
of Cisco platforms.  Now would like be a good time for you to look
towards the ratified alternative of dot1q, assuming the rest of your
infrastructure can/will support it.

Regards,

Anthony

Ilia Zubkov wrote:

| I noticed that ISL VLAN feature is declared to be supported on 1750
| paltform (NOT 1751!!!) by Feature Navigator at cisco.com
| (www.cisco.com/go/fn/). Software versions declared are not-so-old: IOS
| versions like 12.2.24 or so and feature sets like IP/VOICE PLUS or
| IP/VOICE/PW/IDS/PLUS. They say those feature sets can be loaded on boxes
| w/o voice hardware, and even on 1720!!!
|
| Comments???
|
| So I wonder if it is really possible to build an ISL-bundle like
| 1750+1924-EN or 1750+2924XL-EN, to build an ISL-trunk between 1750 and a
| catalyst and to make 1750 route IP between VLAN subinterfaces.
|
| If anyone was a success to do so -- please, let me know. Thank you.
|
| --
| Sincerely yours,
|
| Ilia Zubkov,
| Educational Network technical director

- --
: Anthony D Cennami
: Managing Partner
: NeuPATH, LLC
: acennami at neupath.com
: [PGP KeyID] 0x51cdd6bd

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained herein,
including Message Body, Attachment(s) and Recipients, is
confidential in nature and intended only for the delivery
to and Authorized Use by aforementioned and included
Recipients, Addressee(s), Entities and Authorized
Delivery Agents effecting the confidential dissemination
of the information contained herein to said parties.
If you are not an intended recipient of this communication
please take notice that any redistribution or copying of
this message, or any data or attachments included, is
UNAUTHORIZED and may be unlawful.  If you believe you
received this communication in error please immediately
destroy all copies and/or reference related hereto and
immediately notify the sender.