[c-nsp] Disappearing Interfaces in config

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Oct 18 17:29:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 05:20:06PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> Although my guess is
> that as Steve mentioned it's a memory leak.  A slow one that took two
> years to impact everything, but a leak nonetheless.

This is fairly likely.  I had to reboot a box at the end of last week that
was running fine for

Cisco-XXXX uptime is 4 years, 15 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, 17 minutes

and all of a sudden "telnet" didn't work anymore, due to out-of-memory.

Admittedly, memory was tight from the beginning - using that opportunity
to upgrade to a more recent image with all the critical bugfix created a
box that didn't even boot anymore before out of memory... :-/ - so be
careful of that caveat.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de