[c-nsp] QOS policy-map on 6509 doesn't have drop option

Sam Munzani smunzani at comcast.net
Mon Oct 18 22:38:27 EDT 2004

Hi,

Following QOS policy-map work on a 2611 router without any issue.
policy-map drop-junk
  class p2p
   drop
  class nimda
   drop

However 6509 with Sup2/MSFC2 running 12.2.17d-SXB4 doesn't have drop
option.

remote-6509(config-pmap-c)#?
QoS policy-map class configuration commands:
  bandwidth       Bandwidth
  exit            Exit from QoS class action configuration mode
  fair-queue      Enable Flow-based Fair Queuing in this Class
  no              Negate or set default values of a command
  police          Police
  priority        Strict Scheduling Priority for this Class
  queue-limit     Queue Max Threshold for Tail Drop
  random-detect   Enable Random Early Detection as drop policy
  service-policy  Configure QoS Service Policy
  set             Set QoS values
  shape           Traffic Shaping
  <cr>
  trust           Set trust value for the class

Neither it les me use "police 0 0 " option. All I can do is mark
matching packets with DSCP bits and drop at Serial interface outbound. I
would like to drop the traffic just like 2611 shown above. Is it
possible with 6509?

Below is my hardware configuration.
Remote-6509#sh module
Mod Ports Card Type                              Model
Serial No.
--- ----- -------------------------------------- ------------------
-----------
  1    2  Catalyst 6000 supervisor 2 (Active)    WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE    -
Removed -
  2    2  Catalyst 6000 supervisor 2 (Warm)      WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE    -
Removed -
  3    0  2 port adapter FlexWAN                 WS-X6182-2PA       -
Removed -
  4   48  48-port 10/100 mb RJ45                 WS-X6148-RJ45V     -
Removed -
  5   16  SFM-capable 16 port 1000mb GBIC        WS-X6516-GBIC      -
Removed -

Thanks,
Sam