[c-nsp] Bandwidth metering on 7206VXR with ATM

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Thu Oct 21 14:24:01 EDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Nick Voth wrote:

> The base problem is a handful of users who subscribe to a 1.5MB DSL circuit
> and keep it maxed out 24/7. I can enforce arbitrary policies on them when I
> catch them, but I'd like something more automatic and consistent.
>
> Thoughts, ideas?

MRTG with one of the 95th percentile scripts and a contract that charges
the hogs for excess usage.

On the other hand, if your marketing folks are touting "1.5 unlimited",
then that is what you're obligated to provide, IMHO.

You may be attempting to use technical means to address a social problem,
which can be problematic at best.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/