[c-nsp] A compromise between traffic from 2 links to one

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Oct 21 22:37:26 EDT 2004

If you can identify the traffic that was going over
the T3 previously you can just do QOS to
guarantee the original traffic gets the
required % of BW.

Now getting fancy QOS at an OC3 rate will
be a bit tricky unless it's a hardware forwarding
architecture.

You could just police the traffic that was going
down the T3 before to some value (say 5 Mbps or so)
but the drawback there is if you don't have 146 Mbps
of high priority traffic you will still not let
the low priority traffic through at a higher rate.

That's the major difference between policing
and queueing.

What platform is terminating your OC3?

Rodney