[c-nsp] CX-FEIP-2TX PA's in a VIP?

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Sat Oct 23 23:32:42 EDT 2004

I'm assuming this is too good to be true, but I have heard that the PAs in
a CX-FEIP-2TX can be pulled out and will work in a VIP as if they were
PA-FE-TXes. Can this be? I am skeptical since it seems like it will be one
of those "looks like and fits but doesn't actually work" deals.

If it *can* work, that would be great as I have several CX-FEIP-2TX blades
and VIP2s lying around. PAs in a VIP would seem to be a lot better than in
an old CX-style blade. I'm concerned since we are getting to where we are
nervous about hitting the ~70 Mb/s rate on a few rotuers that the
CX-FEIP-2TX is supposed to max out at.

     -Bill