[c-nsp] Low end MPLS question

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Tue Oct 26 12:52:50 EDT 2004

Do you care what the link looks like to the customer?  Do they want it
to look like an ethernet link which passes VTP, spanning-tree, etc or
does that not matter?

SwitchA and SwitchB are customer owned/operated or provider
owned/operated?

3750 with Advanced IP Feature Set will do MPLS, EoMPLS and MPLS VPNs.
Might be overkill if this is going to be plugged into the back of a DSL
link though.

800 Series CPEs can do remote access to MPLS VPNs, but that feature set
may not be flexible enough to act as a proper PE so you may need to go
up to a 1700/2600.

Is this "mini MPLS network" something that will be put into production
as-is, or is this something that's just a proof of concept and the
actual roll-out will look very different?