[c-nsp] Trying to configure trunk breaks connectivity

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Oct 26 17:52:56 EDT 2004

I've got 3 Cat 3500 switches clustered and am trying to set up VLANs.
The commander and member-1 are connected via Gi0/2 on each.  When I
enable trunking on the commander:

cat35(config)#in gi0/2
cat35(config-if)#swi mode trunk
cat35(config-if)#exit
cat35(config)#exit

I cannot access member-1 any more to set trunking there:

cat35#rcom 1
Trying...

and it times out.  Turning on trunking allows me access again.
Strangely enough I can access member-2 which is connected through
member-1 just fine.  Other traffic is blocked as well between the switches.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

- Orion Poplawski