[c-nsp] Graphing more than 114Mbps with mrtg

Mark Taylor maillist at smashie.ision.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 04:24:36 EDT 2004

Without meaning to turn the list into an mrtg forum :)

I don't seem to be able to graph interface transfer rates above 114Mbps with
mrtg. I think this is because the cisco counter
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.x wraps back to the start within the 5
minute collector period at rates above this. Does anybody know how to solve
this?

Temporarily I'm collecting the data more often before the counters wrap. Is
there a different OID that I need to use? Or do I need to configure
something within the snmp-server on the cisco to use a bigger counter size?

I have the same issue on Cisco IOS routers/switches and also CatOS switches.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Mark.