[c-nsp] Graphing more than 114Mbps with mrtg

Marcel Lemmen marcel at support.net
Fri Oct 29 04:36:17 EDT 2004

Hi Mark,

the problem is the 32bit counter. The counters are switching back to 0 to
fast. You should use 64bit counters which are available on most cisco's.

For the catalyst we use: 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.1
For the routers we use: 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.$val.$if

where $val is incoming or outgoing and $if the interface number.

You can do a snmpbulkwalk and grep for 64 :)

Hope this helpes.

PS, try RRDBrowse (http://www.rrdbrowse.org) which has the right functions
and counters :)

With kind regards,

Marcel Lemmen
Support Net - Partner in Managed Internet Solutions

--- The previous message was something like this: ---